|Work Site: Alberta, Canada
|Opening Date: Aug 23, 2008
||Closing Date: Nov 23, 2008
| For Manpower Pooling Only. No Fees shall be collected from the Applicant.
“BEWARE OF ILLEGAL RECRUITERS”
||Gender : Male
Age : 25 – 45 yrs old
Education : At least Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate
Yrs. of Experience : 4 yr(s)
- Problem solving
- Ability to carry 40’ lengths of aluminum irrigation pipe for hours at a time
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to drive a pickup
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Mechanical aptitude
- Non-irrigation time will be spent on tasks according to farm need.
Depending on the time of the year, the irrigation portion of this job will take from a couple of hours to a full day. The Irrigator works semi-independently most days. Work includes setting up and running drip and overhead irrigation systems.
SPECIFIC IRRIGATOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES:
- Coordinating moves with the irrigation manager and production managers.
- Assuring that irrigation settings are properly set and functioning.
- Assisting managers in accessing moisture needs of crops.
- Troubleshooting all aspects of irrigation systems including pumps, filters, drip
- Basic maintenance of the irrigation vehicle including fueling, fluid levels, tire pressure and reporting mechanical issues to Jack.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of irrigation moves.
- Communicating irrigation issues with irrigation manager and production managers.
- Helping monitor crops for major problems.
- Keeping all work areas orderly and clean including irrigation vehicle and irrigation supply area.