Micheal Phelps future plans after winning 8 gold medal in Beijing Olympics August 19, 2008Posted by auxbreak in Beijing Olympics, Michael Phelps, Sports.
Tags: Beijing, Beijing Olympics, Beijing Olympics Update, MIcheal ph, Micheal Phelps after the Beijing Olympics, Sports
At the Beijing Conference Micheal Phelps reveals his plans after winning 8 Gold medal.
– At the London games in 2012, there are some swim time goals he still wants to achieve.
– He wants to try some new events in London! Maybe the backstroke!
– Over the last 24 hours, he’s received 4,000 – 5,000 messages on his Blackberry.
– Yes, he’s talked to the President since his win on Sunday, who said, “Give your mother a hug, and tell her the President sent it!”
– Since his win, he’s mostly been spending time with family & friends; something he didn’t really have around him in Athens.
– When asked his “description of love,” he said, “Huh? The person I love the most is sitting right here – my mother.”
– He’ll definitely be stopping by his mom’s school when he’s back in Baltimore.
– He’s excited to step foot back in the U.S., and to see his English Bulldog, Herman.
– Recovery is the biggest thing for him this week. After that, he plans to go play some golf and have some fun. Since he’s been working towards this his whole life, now he’s going to do some things he wasn’t able to do growing up.
– He was excited to have heard that the popularity of swimming for kids is up something like 40% (in some poll, or another) since hype around the games began!
– He can’t wait to go to a lot of Baltimore Ravens games this fall.
– Serious training for him will begin again at the beginning of 2009.
– People he still really wants to meet? – Michael Jordan & Tiger Woods.
– Today was the first day he held all 8 of his medals together. “It was pretty cool,” Michael said. He said that although he held all 8 in Athens, these are all eight gold, so it’s much more cool.
Article from :http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/10886/?__source=rss|latest_news